Thursday, September 02, 2004

Intimidated by Titles

I wasn't having the best day. Couldn't really get started on anything useful (did get some errands run) and sort of felt like an attack of some sort (asthma, panic, who knows) was getting ready to sneak up on me. So I decided to fuss with the stuff that I'm planning on talking about at the Joint Mathematics Meetings in January. It's a short talk, and it's not difficult stuff; I could make some progress on something obviously work-related. And I could feel smug for doing it this far in advance.

I went and looked at the web page for the session. Ack, ack, ack, everyone is talking about something way more interesting and exciting and technically sophisticated than I am. I will have to claim that it was my intent to talk about something accessible to undergraduates. Yes, that will be my excuse.