Monday, December 20, 2004

Multiple Choice

Which item on today's list of things to do is the least appealing:

  1. Make sense of mysterious scraps of paper with cryptic notes about a wild goose chase research project I was working on about two years ago.


  2. Carry out a tedious, and ultimately trivial, calculation by hand.


  3. Bring 500 machine-scorable forms to the office that processes such things so that I can have actual data from which to draw conclusions about the effectiveness of an educational fad. Said conclusions could be written up fairly easily and would make me more valuable to my department and make me a stronger candidate if I apply for a job in Math-Education (the low-hanging fruit of academic employment -- our last search netted only twenty applicants!).


  4. Read a paper that I downloaded last week.