Monday, February 28, 2005

Grasping at Straws

  1. I couldn't force myself to plan today's class. I'm bringing a large box of transparencies leftover from previous lessons on this topic and talks that I've given at teacher in-service conferences. I'll piece something together on the fly.

  2. The talk? Scraps of paper with frenetic scribblings. How to pull these together into a coherent narrative?

  3. I weighed the sock I'm knitting. I'll run out of yarn 2/3 of the way through the second sock. Rip it out now? See if they have more of the yarn? Insert a contrasting pattern now in the first sock in hopes of making the real yarn last longer?

  4. Blog performance anxiety. I don't feel like I have the time to write anything engaging. And everyone else has exhausted the topics of procrastination and work-avoidance.

  5. I have to be out of the house in 37 minutes. I haven't yet showered. Nothing is ironed. What will I wear today?