Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sure Sign of Summer

This morning when I woke up I wasn't sure what day of the week it was. My calendar wasn't any help because I'd forgotten to change it a few times this week. Soon enough I looked at the computer, and that problem was easily solved.*
menuclock
Maybe next year I'll look into getting a summer job. Not teaching summer school, that's for sure. But something that might be helpful if I want to get a non-academic job at some point. Might be tricky next year, as my new administrative tasks will require me to be on campus half a day each week. Or, while I'm unwilling to teach summer school, maybe I could take some courses, learn some marketable skills.

*Is these some way for me to also get the date in the menu bar? It's très annoying to have to click on the clock to figure out what the date is.