Sunday, July 10, 2005

I May Never Knit Toe-Up Socks Again

This morning was devoted to the finishing of things left unfinished. I finished the seams and weaving in the loose ends on the shrug; now it is ready to move into my office (to provide an alternative to the lintophilic fleece). There is little that I want to say about the toe-up socks except that they are finished. There is a reason that everyone makes socks from the cuff down. And the stripey sweater is still a bit of an enigma. I don't like the neckline (it's too high in front), so I'm going to have to rip it out (for the third or fourth time -- I've lost count) and figure out how to fix it. That other project? The one I've been working on for almost two years? It needs to be washed and blocked, which can't be done until I can find a flat surface for it to lie on while it dries.