Friday, September 02, 2005

From the Neuroses Files: Friday Bonus Round

    Subtitle: Lunch at the cafe.

  1. Not yet ready to head home and get started on the chores that await me this holiday weekend, I went to grab lunch at the cafe while studying the list of three-letter-words. I'm unwilling to play at the local Scrabble club until I improve my game somewhat.

  2. While there I saw one of the new people in the math department (whose name I did not know) and who I pretended not to recognize. I intentionally didn't make eye contact.

  3. My order (soup) got lost in the shuffle of the lunch rush. I spent several minutes trying decide whether I should say something or whether I should take this as a sign from the universe that I should -- as I did with breakfast this morning and dinner last night -- skip lunch.