Saturday, September 17, 2005

Oooooooh Someone's In Trouble

There was a knock at my front door. I figure it's either a homeless guy looking for a handout (or -- even better -- offering to weed my garden in exchange for cash) or a missionary. I grab my cell phone just in case it's something unusual.

There's a middle aged guy wearing civilian clothes and a law enforcement ballcap. I open the door. He identifies himself as Officer Brown and says that he's looking for [name of guy who used to own this house]. Officer Brown is holding in his hand one of those legal-looking documents -- something on several sheets of legal sized paper folded in quarters. I cheerfully explain that [guy who used to own this house] doesn't live here anymore BUT that I do know where he does live -- with his parents at the end of the block.

Maybe if he had disclosed all the damage prior to the sale and not left the house such a mess (the Realtor said the only time she'd seen a house left in such bad shape was after a foreclosure) I would have forgotten where he'd moved to.