Friday, April 28, 2006

Disconnected Thoughts

  1. I can't keep track of everything that I'm supposed to do. How many more questions do I need on the final? Do we still need a substitute proctor for a week from Monday? Was I supposed to reserve the room for the movie next Friday? Isn't the semester supposed to be over?

  2. Students are starting to complain about their teachers. It's the last day of classes! Why didn't you say something earlier when I could have DONE SOMETHING?

  3. Tentative fall schedules have been posted. Looks like I may end up teaching Calc 2 in the fall. I'm sort of hoping that certain individuals in my current Calc 1 class have schedule conflicts that will keep them out of my Calc 2 class. Also: I have been trying to diplomatically counsel other students I know how to choose a good math class for the fall. My main advice, "If you know anyone taking [specific course] this semester, be sure to ask them what they think about the professor."

  4. I have started drinking coffee again (I have drunk more coffee in the past week than I had in the previous three months combined) and have sort of stopped eating. This does not lend cohesion to my thoughts.