Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I Love Charts

Instead of planning class tomorrow (maybe I'll find a lesson plan on the web!) I've been looking at a chart from the Office of Institutional Research about faculty composition and compensation at this university:

Did you know:
  • We have one Associate Professor (with tenure) whose highest earned degree is a high school diploma.

  • 95% of Full Professors have tenure.

  • Maybe I should go to law school and try to teach law: average salary of a law professor is almost $111,000. Business is a distant second with an average salary of $93,000.

Despite the fact that I earn 118% of the average salary for my academic rank in this division of the college, the time I fuss on the internet doesn't cost the university very much. Just think how much law professors are paid to sit around their offices and blog.