Saturday, June 17, 2006

Bad Day, Sewing Style

  1. Went to the Pfaff dealership, meant to get a narrow edgestitching foot. Based on my mis-reading of Pfaff's web page, I bought a stitch-in-the-ditch foot instead. The difference is that the edgestitching foot has an oval opening, allowing you to move the needle position and the stitch-in-the-ditch has a circular opening, forcing you to keep the needle in the center position. All sales are final! I am stuck with this presser foot and will have to go back to get the one I wanted. (They are about $25 each -- not devastating, but annoying.)

  2. Went to Joann to buy fabric to make a bag for my new laptop. Bought a very pretty brocade that ravels fiercely. Since I knew -- even before I started cutting -- I probably should have affixed fusible interfacing to all the yardage. Glue solves so many problems.

  3. In addition to the usual sewing setbacks and pitfalls, I accidentally cut over a pin while trimming seams with my pinking shears. Ruined the edge of one of the teeth, and now they no longer pink! Where does one get pinking shears sharpened!?

  4. I've given up for now. I still need to make the lining for the bag (purple silk! nothing is too good for my new laptop!). I'm hoping to make a case for my iPod out of the scraps. Yes, that would be a matching case.

  5. All I gotta say is that when my laptop finally arrives, it had better fit in the bag!