Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Holiday

  1. Holidays are less useful when you don't actually need to go to work most days.

  2. Last night I was able to use a neighbor's wireless (if I sat by the window); this morning my internet is back up.

  3. Today I was invited to tag along to a Buddhist barbeque in the middle of nowhere, but the Buddhist who invited me isn't that keen on going.

  4. There are birds living in my house. Are they in the attic? The basement? The old chimney? Hard to tell. You can hear chirping when you stand in the hall, but it's difficult for me to localize. I'm ignoring the problem until it goes away because I'm not about to evict a nest full of baby birds -- even if they are probably weed birds.

  5. Went to the gym this morning and walked for an hour on the treadmill. Came home and was STARVING and ate half a turkey sandwich. Probably goes a ways towards explaining why I'm not losing weight.

  6. Not sure what to do the rest of the day. Probably knit or sew.