Monday, July 10, 2006

Monday's Small Accomplishments and Plans

  1. Woke up before 5am and couldn't fall back to sleep. Fussed about on the internet for a while then decided to go to the gym. I keep a copy of my routine on my iPod as a "cheat sheet."

    I also did 40 minutes on the treadmill (15% grade, 3.3mph).

    Each time of day at the gym has its own character. The very early morning people are better than the not-so-early morning people. The early people were efficient and were all listening to headphones. Later in the morning it's a bunch of 19-year-olds who think that 9am is really early and who laze on the equipment trying to impress each other.

  2. Took a shower and went to work. Checked in with people who needed checking in with. Was given a link to some teaching advice that we might give to the new people at the beginning-of-semester meeting. (Our new people are often very new.)

  3. Bought yarn. Couldn't decide which color to get, so I got both.


  4. Took a nap.

  5. Accepted two packages from UPS.

  6. Still to do: figure out the best way to connect my 15-year-old stereo to my new TV. Do I run red, white, and yellow from the DVD player to the stereo then red, white, and yellow to the TV? Or red and white from DVD to stereo and yellow from DVD to TV? The old TV only accepted co-ax, giving me fewer options.