Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Don't Worry about those Fratboys Acing Your Class

There's a rumor on campus that the Greek-letter social organizations have massive files of old exams that their members use in order to get an unfair advantage in their courses. To counter this possibility, I put all my old exams on the course web page. During class I pointed my prowser to the class web page and brought up an old exam. I said to the class, "You don't need to be in a fraternity or a sorority to have the old exams. They are right here on the class web page."

Today I was looking at my site logs (I run my own Apache server), and I saw that precisely TWO students have downloaded the old exams (the first exam was last week).

Guess most students aren't really that committed to doing well in my class. Oh well.