Saturday, March 31, 2007

Little Things

  1. Finally graded the papers that I've been lugging around for a month. Took me 10 minutes.

  2. Played way too much Sudoku on my iPod while procrastinating the grading.

  3. My iPod keeps crashing, especially when I play games; I restored the factory settings and am hoping for the best.

  4. I think I backed up everything on the iPod before zapping it.

  5. Also spent way too much time trying to optimize my reading about Lie Groups. I want to know only very, very specific things about the irreducible representations of SU(2). Unfortunately, they are described around page 275 of the book I'm reading, and the book expects you to have read everything up to that point. Also annoying: weird notation: Cn for the n-element cyclic group.

  6. Made no progress on the crazy computer program that I'm writing. Anyone want to help me figure out how the hell to get started on the next phase of my computer progam? Right now it's all command-line with Terminal; I want to learn how to use XCode to make it all shiny and Macintoshy. How crazy is my program? Look at its crazy variables!

    float stitchgauge;
    float rowgauge;
    float requestradius;
    double stitchheight;
    double stitchwidth;
    int stitches;
    int i;

  7. Laundry and household chores? HA!

  8. My justification for this my lack of productivity this weekend: it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Since I'm going to be cooped up in the house, I'm going to need plenty of things to keep me busy.