Sunday, May 06, 2007

This Could Be My Last Weekend of the Semester

I have two exams this week: Monday and Tuesday mornings. If I get my grades done by Friday (the deadline is the 15th), the difference between "week" and "weekend" will fade away. Reminds me of that Primus song.

It's been a fairly dull weekend so far; nothing much to blog about.

Didn't grade the papers by the gen-ed students. You'll be interested in hearing more about those, as I have skimmed them, and they will not disappoint. They're worth a small fraction of the grade, so I'm thinking of developing a quick rubric for assigning points: if the only source is wikipedia, the paper can not receive a grade higher than 80%; an egregious lack of proofreading will knock off 5%; honest effort will be rewarded. Perhaps I'll wait until after I grade the finals (worth much, much more of the grade) to see how much the grades on these will really matter.

Ate too much; I think I'm getting fat. I own too many expensive clothes for me to allow that to happen, so I will have to do something about it. Thin is at the top of my NetFlix queue; perhaps it will motivate me to find some self-control. I'm hoping that my doctor's appointment this week will bring permission to return to treadmilling (which I haven't done since xmas); I hate the elliptical. My knees are feeling better, so I'm optimistic.

Watched The Science of Sleep. Worth seeing. Part of me wanted to be Stephanie.

Saw an Indigo Bunting in the backyard. Saw him last night in the lawn and this morning in the driveway. I hope he's here for a while and not just migrating through. He wouldn't stand still long enough for me to grab my camera.

Repurpled my hair yesterday. It had faded because I was using cheap shampoo. Not that it's especially purple even at its purplest, as I never debrown it before I purple it.

For the past two days I've been involved in a an email conversation in which I think I'm being manipulated. I can't tell if he's doing it on purpose or not. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I always want to see the best in people, so I don't want to think that he's being manipulative.