Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tuesday Laments

  1. The last day to add a class was Friday, August 31. Students want to join my class. No.

  2. My students are not clever enough to figure out how to sign up for EduSpace. Granted, some of them have defective passkeys, but the rest are incapable of using a valid passkey to create a username and password.

  3. Not that EduSpace is not without its flaws. It will only show seven of my eight assignments in the online gradebook.

  4. I spent the whole weekend chained to the computer and wrote more of the book. Not sure how much longer I can keep up this pace. Oh, wait, I know the answer to that: I have to have the completed manuscript submitted by October 15.

  5. One of my honors classes looks like it's about to be going horribly, horribly wrong, and I don't know how to fix it. It only meets once a week, so I have to hit it each time or else things go badly. I need to figure out what the hell I'm going to do on Thursday to fix things.

  6. The mail usually comes in the afternoon. Today it came early. This means that I need to drive to the post office to send out the bill that is going to be mildly late to keep it from being very late. Bleh. Late fee.