Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Office Hours Today: Negatives Edition

  1. Did not skip my office hours to go observe my TAs. Did not go in to campus before my office hours to go observe my TAs. I guess I'll be observing two TAs after computer science class today and two at some point next week.

  2. No students stopped by. (The next calculus exam is over two weeks in the future.)

  3. Did not deal with fussing with the intangibles that are causing my computer science homework to score poorly on the gradescript. This is what the correct answer is supposed to look like:

    1.873 Latent_Sector_Failure 0 N+1-W&C -> >=1-SF
    10.000 Simulation_Over


    and this is what mine looks like:

    1.873 Latent_Sector_Failure 0 N+1-W&C -> >=1-SF
    10.000 Simulation_Over


    Some time before it's due, I'll have to check to see if I have the right number of the right types of trailing spaces and all that crap.

  4. Did not engage in discussion with book reps who stopped by.

  5. On the positive side: Removed all stacks of paper from all horizontal surfaces in my office. Responded to emails from students (since we drop your four lowest quizzes, there are no makeups even if you were in the hospital). Ate the lunch that I packed.