Friday, January 23, 2009

For Those of You Keeping Score at Home

Earlier today my hair had a sort of accidental rainbow effect, as the hair near the roots had faded the most (as it has suffered from less chemical abuse over its lifetime) to a sort of greenish shade while the hair near the ends was stained with residual purple. In between, it was sort of blue.

Now it is much more uniform in color: I believe that the "brown" part is now a color called "blackcurrant" and the blue part is a really dark blue -- dark enough that you don't really notice that it's blue unless it's in the sun.

This took up my entire afternoon. And led to some more economy-stimulation, as a quick back-of-the-envelope calculation reveals that my annual spending in the "hair" category is roughly equal to the property taxes (city + county, including school taxes) on my home.

Speaking of property taxes, I really should pay them. They've been sitting around on my desk since, like, October. Or maybe that was September? A while.