Thursday, May 14, 2009

What's a Smart Girl Like You Doing in a Dead-End Job Like This?

I'm actually doing well at getting offers for various part-time work and consulting jobs. I've reached my optimal level of number of things to do, so I'm trying to figure out who to suggest they ask instead. There are, of course, the usual suspects -- but I think that the people asking already know about the usual suspects.

And so I'm thinking of recommending one of my coworkers, Dr. Cautionary-Tale. She's even more over-qualified than I am to be in this job, so she seems like the obvious person to point things to. Hers was the name that lept to mind the last time I was asked to do something that I was just too busy to do. But it also seems awkard to keep sending emails to the same person about opportunities that I'm turning down.

My life would be easier -- in so many ways -- if my job category was populated by more smart and over-educated people.