Thursday, July 02, 2009

The Rain has Destroyed my Ambition

Today I had a full day pretty much clear to work on research. I did a bit of my summer work this morning -- reserved a few rooms, scheduled a few talks, wrote back to a few emails. Did a load of laundry. Redyed my hair where it was fading near the roots. Now it's much purpler.

Spent the rest of the day hanging out, gossiping, and listening obsessively to Chopin's Prelude #15. May head over to the student center with my sheet music to continue to obsess about it. I may have to have The Topologist mail me my whole book of all the Preludes and Etudes.

Really, really, really should do some research instead, though, as I will have no time next week, as we are entertaining guests from Sunday through Thursday. As soon as the weather turns nice enough for me to have energy to actually do things, I will have no time. Too bad there isn't a good way to delegate any of these tasks.