Monday, September 14, 2009

I Am So Annoying

The WebAssign homework is due on Tuesdays.

Every week on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, I get the list of students who haven't yet looked at the assignment (WebAssign keeps track of three different types of zeros: earned zeros, looked at the assignment but haven't tried any problems, and haven't even looked at it yet), and I send an email about how important it is to do calculus problems and to plan ahead.

Today I also added an anecdote about the time two years ago when my university applied for some federal grant and got it in three minutes late because of a problem with grants.gov, and the government refused to consider the application.

The first exam is Wednesday. I'm going to use my new-found skillz with statistics software to examine the relationship between a student's WebAssign average and exam grade.