Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Almost As If I've Done this Before

Calculus exam tomorrow.

Optimistically, I'm guessing that the median will be an 83%, but that the mean will be lower. I'm expecting the lower tail to descend down into the high 20s. I'm guessing that there will be two students with perfect papers.

So far I've heard from one student claiming to have the flu. My guess is that by the exam tomorrow (early afternoon), I will have heard from four students who can't take the exam. Another three registered students will not take the exam but will not get in touch with a reason. One of these will contact me after the exam.

I'll use my newly acquired understanding of statistical software to see if there is any relationship between WebAssign average and exam score. No predictions yet on this.