Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Farewell, Ithaca!

Soon I will pack up the laptop and head towards the bus stop so that I can catch a bus to the airport and then fly back home so that I can attend a meeting tomorrow for New Job.

In classic Ithaca style, right now I can see out the window of this cafe a Free Tibet march being led by several Buddhist monks carrying Tibetan flags. When I lived here, I didn't know that Namgyal was here. All I knew was that I saw a lot of monks on the bus.

As expected, I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped to. I am starting to make progress on my summer job work, which is good. I'm about 1/70 done, but I expect to pick up the pace next week. Couldn't concentrate on my work this morning because the people sitting at the next table over were talking about Gröbner bases, which was distracting.

I should turn my weather widget and my sunrise/sunset widget back to home, shut the laptop, check my bag for contraband forbidden on airplanes, and then catch my bus.