Thursday, March 11, 2010

Recent Adventures

  1. Yesterday at check-in: I got to the Ithaca airport and checked in for my flight and they couldn't issue me a boarding pass, so they gave me some slip to let me through security without a boarding pass. Then at the gate they could issue me a boarding pass for my flight to Detroit but not for the leg from Detroit to home. I had to wait until I got to the gate in Detroit (and show ID again) in order to get my boarding pass for my flight from Detroit to home.

  2. Had a long conversation with the guy sitting next to me on the flight home last night. As I am completely unable to read people I am not sure what to make of it. Normally I don't talk to strangers.

  3. Went to meeting today at New Job. Found security quaint compared to the other federal facility that I have worked at.

  4. Very nice rest rooms at New Job. They include warnings not to flush anything radioactive down the toilet.

  5. Now I need to make a list of things to do between now and my return to classes on Monday.

  6. Seriously thinking of dropping the CS class that I am taking as it is a poor value in terms of my time. The amount learned per hour devoted is not very high, and the class meets at a time that makes it inconvenient for me to schedule other things that I need to do.