Thursday, July 08, 2010

The Experimental Method

Our summer meal cards are loaded with TechCASH. My understanding is that most of the time TechCASH is a way for parents of MIT students to load up their child's MIT ID much like a debit card and to allow purchases at various places on campus -- food court, campus convenience store, pizza delivery, laundry machines, vending machines, etc.

The TechCASH that we have is much more limited than the type that the MIT students have. Through the method of trial and error, my associates sadly report that it does not work for vending machines, laundry machines, pizza delivery, or anything at all except for the food court and other dining services.

Last night I received an excited text from one of my minions: "Our TechCASH cards work at The Thirsty Ear!"

So of course I had to head over there and replicate his results. Experimental success!