Latest Indicators of My Summer Leadership
- Communication between me and one of the people who I supervise has evolved into us making lolcats with the information that we wish to convey (things like: "In ur paperwork fillin' out ur forms" or "I can haz receipts") and emailing them to each other.
- In other summer administrative news, despite our program being at MIT since 1992, allegedly no one at HR has ever heard of us, which has caused a major dust-up between the admin in one of the departments and someone from Environmental Health and Safety. Clearly this is way out of my league, so I punted this one to my boss.
- As part of yesterday's dog and pony show with the Important Guest, we took a tour of the Media Lab and had dinner with a Nobel laureate (physiology). Clearly showing where my priorities are, I was far more interested in talking to the grad students demoing cool toys in the Media Lab than to the Nobel laureate.
- I'm burning through all sorts of capital to make it through the summer. Good luck to whoever does this next year.
- At least it's not supposed to be so stupid hot today. Only two more weeks until I am back somewhere with air conditioning.