Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hash Collision

Today's bit of unnecessary stress: I am starting to unpack the kitchen.

Since the new kitchen is very different from the old kitchen in terms of layout and in terms of the type and location of cabinets and storage, I have to figure out from scratch where to put everything.

My neighbor gave me some advice. He told me not to worry about it but to take each thing and put it where it seems like it belongs or where I would look for it. This is not working for me. I think that I am going to put unpacking on hold for a few more days. In the mean time I will continue finding boxes of kitchen stuff from around the house and move them to the staging area in the diningroom.

Also: Do I redo my home wireless network to put the cable modem and router in the kitchen to get them closer to the center of the house? There are two cable outlets in the kitchen: one in the cabinet over the refrigerator and one in the mudroom.