Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bad Judgement? Or Taking One for the Team?

I have so far held out against the whole "skinny jeans" trend. Actually, I haven't bought a lot of clothes in the past year or so because most of what has been in fashion has been pretty dreadful. Jeans too skinny, skirts too short, dresses too sleeveless, shirts too embellished.

Today I was at Old Navy, and there were many, many jeans on clearance for roughly $15 a pair, and all clearance was "take an additional 40% off," and I had a $10 coupon. So I got a pair of skinny jeans and an entirely reasonable cardigan sweater for roughly $8.

Still not sure what I think of them, but now I have the option of wearing them if I so choose. (Also not sure what I would wear them with.) I figure that if all goes well, some sort of corollary of Murphy's Law will kick in and say that as soon as I buy something trendy it will go out of fashion and be replaced with something else. This could be a win-win.