Friday, April 15, 2011

More Fun Conversations (More Email)

Colleague: Can you present about foo?

Me: I don't know anything about foo, but if you can tell me what a good reference is on foo and how long you want me to talk, there should be no problem.

Colleague: I guess I am think at a very basic level and was probably referring more to bar over foo. We were talking about the schedule for wed and mentioned jargon, jargon, jargon, and jargon. The thought process would go something like: 1) identify foo 2) needs for bar. 3) jargon 4) more jargon. If we had a slide with foo -> bar -> jargon it might give them something to think about prior to attending. I am not sure how you lead people through their foo-bar, but that is sort of the process I am thinking about.

Me: I don't know anything about foo, bar, and jargon, and the wikipedia article about them didn't help. Can you recommend a reference?

Colleague: I can throw these slides together when I talk about jargon. In a nutshell, I am not sure the researchers have actively thought about foo. So should we skim how foo relates to bar and jargon. The bar limit the types "questions" that are easy to ask and answer.