Sometimes it is amazing how little I can get done in a day.
- New Minion started today. We did HR paperwork, key paperwork, laptop paperwork. Talked about the project. Met with a collaborator. New Minion also did some development work on his own laptop. Got more done today than Intern accomplished last summer.
- I have been in a horrible, horrible mood. The only small pleasure is this delightful gin & tonic that I am drinking. I am now out of tonic water. Perhaps I will pick up a bottle of vermouth on my way home from work tomorrow. This is very good gin.
- Missing from this summer's travel plans: My 21st high school reunion. I will pay for the $55 ticket (plus the service fee) if you want to go and insist that you are me.
- We have two essay questions for you today. Choose at most two to respond to.
- AT&T: Malicious or Incompetent? Or, why does the phone company find it so challenging to determine whether or not a two-year contract still applies to a phone that I purchased on August 8, 2009. (I have spent three weeks arguing with them, including 49 minutes on the phone and sending them a fax.)
- Age inappropriate short skirts. Pack them up and send to Goodwill? Or continue to wear them? (I have been cleaning out my closet.)